Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Jude Law and a Semester Abroad

Random song lines floating around in my head right now:

'You see the depths of my heart and you love me the same' I love this song, God is amazing! I tend to sing *yet* you love me the same because A) i'm a song snob, and B) it's more true, God looks at my heart and loves me despite what He sees, it's not a cause and effect thing.

'amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me' Well quite. Me? How am i a Christian? How can i have a relationship with the Creator. There are times, like today, like every time i sing this song, when this blows me away. A wretch like me?! How amazing is the power of the Cross.

' When we've been there 10,000 years, bright shining like the sun' I remember the first time i sung this song at church as a Christian. the thousand years? And we will not have a second less? Wow! Thats eternity baby! I remember sitting in the car park outside church just saying that line over and over again... I don't really get eternity!

'Your blood speaks a better word, than all the empty claims i've heard upon this earth' This. Is. So. True. I love this song. I'm getting kind of emotional right now even thinking the words to myself (i am a girl). Its so true though. The lies that the world tells you, or Jesus? Sex outside of marrige, or Jesus? Randomly pulling someone at the Union, or Jesus? Ignoring His claims on your life, Or Jesus? Me, or Jesus? I love this song!

'My Jesus, my savior, Lord there is none like you' This is my favourite worhsip song. It'll always remind me of being a young Christian, getting to know Jesus for the first time, trying to get to grips with things. *gets all nostalgic* Man, the Lord has taught me so much since 2002, i've got so much more to learn...

2 comments:

Ed Goode said...

Um. Not sure God's grace is conditioned on our sin. He would be gracious regardless. I know the point you're making, but it is true that he sees AND loves... and amazingly both are true, whereas we'd assume only one of them could be. Hooray for Jesus

Interestingly the 10000 years verse isn't originally part of Amazing Grace, but of a different song altogether.

Ed Goode said...

Hey Bish

I know what you're saying, but to me the 'and' in that context comes to mean because (you love me because you see the depths of my heart)...and thats obviously not true. But i see your point, God's grace does not depend on our sin, because God is gracious.
Hooray for Jesus.