Saturday, August 09, 2008

The Opening Ceremony

Wasn't the Olympic Opening Ceremony tremendous. I love seeing all the larger countries, the UK, the USA and China behind their flag, but much more moving for me are the places like Palau and Tonga who have just a handful of participants. I can't imagine what it must feel like to come from a nation of 12,000 and carry your flag into the Olympic Stadium.

It got me thinking about the Wedding Feast. I wonder if thats how we'll all come in, by nation, tribe and tongue. Walking in our place to our place, not overjoyed about being at the Olympics, but overjoyed at spending an eternity with Jesus. I wonder if we'll gather in the middle somewhere, exchange stories, find old friends, and seek out heroes, while we wait for the King to arrive, the Host of hosts to take His place. I sort of hope so, that would be cool to me.

No comments: