Sunday, January 29, 2006

I love books



Not a sentance i ever would have thought i'd be writing a couple of years ago. But, a year being discipled by Bish, has certainly given me a passion for reading. My pastor Sean gave me 'Counted Righteous in Christ' by John Piper today. He told me to read it slowly, as if i'll ever be able to read anything by Piper at more than a couple of pages a time! There are a lot of books on my 'to-read' list at the moment, i've just started Finding Joy, by Marcus Honeysett, and along with that there's 'Revelation of God', by Peter Jensen, the remainder of 'Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places' by Eugene Peterson (i'm only a few pages in but it's excellent so far!), and Keeping in Step with the Spirit by J.I Packer. I've probably read more in the last 18 months than i have in the last 18 years before that...man i love it. I don't know how long it'll take me to read all the books i've just mentioned...but i'm looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Quality. Read, read slowly, read well. Brother its a pleasure to disicple you.

Paul said...

Always be careful when photoing your bookshelf or someone might look through it and find out lots about you...

I have at least 5 of those books (Grudem, Piper, Jesus Freaks, Piper, Storms)...