Sunday, August 21, 2005

Psalm 48:12-14

Walk about Zion, go around her,
number her towers
Consider well her ramparts,
go through her citadels
That you mey tell the next generation,
That this is God,
Our God forever and ever
He will guide us forever

This is how the Lord spoke to me a couple of days ago. I'd been in Reading on friday, had lunch with Danutia and went to the Cinema with Zoe, then met Phil Rout on saturday morning. I mentioned to Nu that i'd been feeling pretty restless ever since leaving Bulgaria, and that i missed the communial time we used to spend together as a team. She reminded me that God is a God of the individual, of the small, as well as of the coporate, and that i just need to chill out with God a bit more. God backed this up, as i've already mentioned using Psalm 48 that evening. To me these verses seem to be an appeal. Come to me, Jesus was saying (to me, not as He wrote the Psalm. Obviously!) get to know me again, love me more, and respond to that. I've already mentioned that i've got the house to myself for at least the next three days, and so this is what i intend to do. Just be quiet, just be, with God. Not to feel i have to fill every silence with the TV or music. But just to sit and reflect upon the Lord. I've got back into 'Desiring God' by John Piper, having read 'Don't Waste Your Life' by the aforemetioned author, it reads a little easier as i'm used to Piper's style. If you haven't read either of these books, can i urge you to look them up...
The second part of these verses seemed pretty apt as well. 'That you may tell the next generation'. As we come past A-level results and into clearing, i'd like to think that this has a twofold meaning for me personally. First of all, i have such a heart for the guys in my church going to Uni in September. Such a heart to tell them to persue Jesus for all He is, not to listen to the lies that the enemy surrounds us with when we go to a new, exciting environment. Also, i feel moved for the guys Jesus will send us at Reading. I pray that God would send us people who are passionate for His glory, of course, but i also hope that He would guide us towards those who struggle with their faith, who look forward to Uni as a time when they can break free from their parents faith, and live life their own way. We must get these people, we must look out for and after them. Guide us to them Lord...

No comments: