Wednesday, March 07, 2007

mother thats Chris de Burgh

300
There's a new film coming out about the battle of Thermopolye between the Spartans and the Persians. This film is based on historical fact, don't let anyone tell you that it's based on a comic by some dude called Frank Miller. It's not. It really happened. The end. If you want to watch a really good film about this battle, check out '300 Spartans' which was made in the 1960s. It's class.
Whats that? Yes, bad history does make me cross!

4-6
I know i bang about 2 corinthians 4 an awful lot, and i know that all the Bible's great. It really is! But i really love the truth contained in this chapter. It's so encouraging to know that God is working through His Word, and this work, as i've seen a couple of times today is really effective. If anyone's salvation or growth depended on my spluttering 121s or half baked half Biblical advice, they'd really be in trouble. I'm glad that all i have to do is deliver the Word and let it go to work. I'm so happy about that, so i'm going to keep talking about it!

17
I, among many many others have greatly benefitted from the ministry of John Piper. His father died last night, and while Dr Piper more than any of us knows that all this means is that his father is with Jesus, his exceeding joy, we should still pray for him and his family. I'll probably never get the chance to look Dr Piper in the eye and say 'thankyou' for how much of Jesus he's shown me, how hungry he's made me for the Word, so praying for him is the best i can do. I urge you to do the same.

1
The Gospel is actually amazing. I love it. Increasingly i am less concerned about organisations and schemes and labels, and more and more concerned about the Gospel and it's progress. That's all that matters at the end of the day. To think that God would come to earth as a man and then live and die for me, knowing what a mess i am and the stuff i do, to think that He put aside all His infinate eternal Heavenly glory for me. It really blows my mind.

No comments: