Thursday, May 01, 2008

Voting


I voted in the local elections this morning. I like to vote. I don't know whether it's the sense of empowerment that it gives me, or that feeling part of something important and much bigger than me, or just the privilege i feel from having the opportunity to do something that people all over the world are (literally) dying to do. Even though i don't feel that the major political parties reflect my views wholly, i still love voting.




But here's the thing. My love for democracy, and in particular the bi-cameral constitutional monarchy system that the UK uses must never deflect my attention from the King of kings, the Author and Perfector who lead better than anyone will, and gave Himself more than anyone can.


The bonfire of democracy must not obscure the sun of the Gospel.

No comments: